Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Life is full of Curves

Things are happening. A lot of changes! Way too many to write about now. When I started this blog a couple of months ago I knew there were changes in the making and this blog would be a place I could write about whatever I felt comfortable sharing. I never factored in that there would be so many things that would eat up my blogging time. Where to begin?

With all the different stressors I have been coping with lately I decided to go back into personal therapy with a therapist whose specialty is working with caregivers. My first session was last week. My homework was to figure out what gives me joy. I have jotted a few things down but I am searching for more. I need more joy in my life.

I also am attending a caregiver's group. I have attended two group meetings so far and I admit it has been interesting and I feel good being out and about more. My homework for group was to blog before the next meeting.

My son’s gave me a membership to Curves for my birthday. I love it. I go everyday they are open and enjoy the workout. At first I was a bit self-conscious but now I don’t care what anybody thinks. I am pushing myself while I am there and my body feels alive.

Now here is the thing about Curves. It is all women. NO PROBLEM for me. It may not be PC for me to love the fact that no men are allowed but I do. I love the energy. I love the support. I love the challenges. I love the way it is always clean. I love the music. I love the women. I love the workout.

All this loving to workout is a little out of character for me and then, all of a sudden, I eyed the posters on the wall and I knew why I felt so at home.


Is it just me? Do you see what I see? All I know for sure is that I want to thank the art department down at Curve’s headquarters for making me feel so comfortable. I love thata there are posters hanging on the wall that give me permission to play. I wonder what they mean by play? Hummmmm.

2 comments:

Linda said...

I'm glad you were able to find a place to exercise that you feel so comfortable with....that is 3/4 of the battle! Personal therapy is so great when you find the right person to work with. I know that when I go....I do better with my life, I've been giving it some thought of going back too.
I hope the rest of the week is wonderful and that you, indeed, find some time to play :)

Pooh Hugs,
Linda

Unknown said...

I'm just going to express some heartfelt gratitude to Judi for posting your link in her comments. I've only read three entries in this journal and I'm hooked.

I'm going through the same life changes you wrote about going through, the same alone-ness feelings (lack of family), the same a lot of stuff.

I read a few journals for inspiration, and Judi's is one of them. I'm so glad I found yours!

Kris