Friday, November 21, 2008

Stop Getting Phone Books - Go Green

Yesterday I found three phone books that had been delivered to my front porch and I thought about how wasteful that is. I never even brought them inside. I thought about just walking them to the recycle bin but they are a little heavier than I want to lift right now. I don’t think I know anyone who uses a phone book anymore. I haven’t in about three years. Today I found this GREEN site that has a lot of helpful hints but the best part is there is a link to get off the phone book list.
Stop Getting Phone Books
I guess in rural areas some people still use them but for the most part if you know how to Google I bet you don't use one.
On another green note.....I have not used a paper plate in 2 years and I am working on letting go of paper towels.

4 comments:

Donna. W said...

Hey, thanks for the phone book tip!

Margo Moon said...

Yup. With free telephone directory services now, who needs the paper monsters?

kenc said...

Maybe you need to broaden your circle of friends a little.

I just used it to find some replacement windows and only want to use a local, non-chain company.

Those books got over 13 billion look-ups last year.

Me. Here. Right now. said...

My mom needs 8 phone books to get in touch with anyone where she lives. All tiny. But, it's the lifeblood when you live in the country.